Monday, August 10, 2009

whY hike? because: it's awesome.

Saturday night was full of adventure. It all started when Desiree and I decided to walk to Rachel's house to get my car. You see, our parking lot was being re-paved and my car was in the way. On the drive there, D-Ray and I decided that we were going to practice our British accents. It was all her idea. So I grabbed a Real Estate guide and we began to read aloud from it as if we were British. Desiree, I love you, but British and Southern aren't exactly the same thing. While on our walk, however, we received a text. The text was in American so we could understand it quite immediately. This text was also unexpected, surprising, and downright shocking. No, not really. It was just an invite to hike the "Y" with Laura and some people from the ward.

Of course we accepted because anyone who knows me or Desiree knows that we are big outdoorsy, physical activity, hot and sweaty and dusty loving types of people. Also, we had nothing else to do. So we got all ready to go with our basketball shorts and grungy T's and tennis shoes. Having a camera with me at all times is fantastic because I am excused from many of life's unpleasantries: No one pushes me in the pool, no one thrown water balloons at me, and no one gets mad if I stop at a switch back to "take pictures." I'm pretty sure everyone else needed a breather too so they were just grateful to use me as an excuse. You're welcome.

We made it to the top of the Y just as the sun was setting and I got to physically watch it go down. So neat. I took a bajillion pictures which, of course, never turn out as good as I think they are going to, but it was still an amazing view. We finished up the night at Burgers Supreme where I had a pretty bombing cheeseburger for $1.90 and then watched "Mean Girls" again. All and all it was a fantastic day.

Today was the last class of the summer and we watched another Martial Arts Hong Kong film. "The Iron Monkey" which I enjoyed quite a bit. It was way better than any more neo-realism. If I have to watch one more movie about the slums of Rome I swear...

enjoy some pictures (in reverse order) while I purge my mind of all thing "New Wave."


Kick A sunset, no?




We were a little scared we were going to fall off.


Awwe, roomies.


I'm not even sure who that is, or if it's more than one person, but that sunset!


My favorite.


The whole gang!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like the hike was filled with win.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear it's a pretty good view up there! I got halfway up one time and then decided I just didn't care that much. But your pictures are pretty!

    ReplyDelete