Thursday, August 6, 2009

"(500) Days" to 5 days

Although I saw it a week ago, I feel compelled to share with all of my loyal blogites (which is what I'm calling my army of blog stalking minions) how much I loved the movie "(500) Days of Summer." It got marvelous reviews and the previews were catchy and entertaining so as a result I had super high expectations which, surprisingly, were exceeded! I had to go to Sandy to see it but it was worth every mile. The soundtrack, which is just as important as the film itself, is so good I'm considering buying it on iTunes instead of finding various songs for free here and there. Joseph Gordon-Levitt, who I'm in love with, was fantastic and super adorable in his role opposite Zooey Deschanel who was, as usual, awesome. She has a few songs she performs and her voice is one of my favorites. Overall, I highly reccomend it to anyone and everyone.

On a side note, I'm super torn about the next 5 days. On Monday I will attend my last class of TMA 292: Film History II. I'm pretty freaking excited about that. No more depressing movies, no more uncomfortable chairs, no more getting up at 7am. But with the end of summer school comes the end of summer. I've had so much more fun this summer than I expected to and I dread it's conclusion. On the other hand, the end of summer means I get to go home for two weeks and have free laundry, free food, and get to hang with the family. On the other hand, the end of summer means that all my roommates move back in and instead of two of us living here there will be six. That's a huge increase in our apartment's population. On the other hand... there is no other hand! I don't want summer to end, the end.

It's been an awesome summer and I will now post a bunch of pictures of the adventures I've had. Just imagine it's the series finale of a cheesey show and they do the flashback episode:


Beautiful sunsets


Iceblocking


Chinese Mystery Dinner





Pool parties


Boating


Wakeboarding


And bonfires


It'll be sad to see it end, but at least I have snow to look forward to!

4 comments:

  1. When did you go boating and wakeboarding??

    I'm sorry to see it end, too. :/ I'm sad I rediscovered your awesomeness so late in the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. on the other hand shelby moves back silly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. DUDE.... You're summer looks like so much fun!! Especially the Chinese mystery dinner! I wish I could have lent my actually Chinese dress for you!! Totally legit! But you still look AMAZING! So fun. And I get home in 3 days!! Adventure story time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. amy, i love your blog! also, none of the fun has to end just because summer is over!!!!

    ReplyDelete