Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Welcome to Blog-land, Amy!

I'm very hesitant to begin my life as a blogger. For one thing, who cares what I'm doing or what I have to say? Obviously you do because you're reading this, but I could recommend many other things you could read instead that are far better than this. For another, I'm afraid that I don't have much to say which often turns into saying too much about nothing. Use your own judgment in how much nonsense you will put up with from me.

It's the wee hours of the morning of August 5th in the year of our Lord, 2009 and due to a very sugary and caffeinated Slurpee that Carl owed me I'm still wide awake and creating a blog. Today was a good day as far as Tuesdays go. Class, movie, swimming, spinning, Slurpee. Summer has been treating me well. This weekend holds the promise of not only the ward's closing social that involves a ropes course, but also the season premiere of "Monk" and "Psych"! With less than a week of classes left, I'm actually starting to worry about my final. What's that all about? I better start watching some of those wonderful Italian neo-realist films from the 40's that make me want to gouge my eyes out that I accidentally slept through last month.

Movies I've Seen Recently:
* "My Brilliant Career": meh. I'm so sick of these women-don't-need-men movies. She was in love with him and she threw it all away to live with her family on a farm and write? No reason she couldn't have done that with a hubby.

* "Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian": Finished reading the book so I had to re-watch it. "The Call" by Regina Spektor makes the movie. At the end I feel like laughing and crying at the same time.

"Phoebe in Wonderland": Fantastic. I'm not at all skilled at describing what it is about a movie that makes it good or bad I just know that this film made me think about TONS of things that have probably never even entered my mind before. It asked questions, hard questions, but answered enough to keep my interest and respect. Watch it!

4 comments:

  1. FIRST COMMENT EVER I WIN.

    I'm excited to read your blog, even if you have nothing to say. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. MBC: sucked. amen sister. hated it. what's all the fuss about it for? sam neil would have toats let her write and have kids. stupid.

    I watched Phoebe in Wonderland last week and thought of you (Bill Pullman, cough cough)

    yay blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you have a blog! And I completely agree about Prince Caspian, "The Call" is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really cool!! I love how your sense of humor is shown even in here :)

    ReplyDelete