Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Thoughts of a Tuesday

I have a fever and the only prescription is graduation!

This is insane. I thought high school senioritis was bad. But this, this is mixed with a heavy dose of "scared out of my pants" and "welp, what now?" Increasing, in my opinion, the intensity.

April 2011 means:
no more college
no more "help" from mom and pops. (the quotes are there because I should have been doing everything on my own but every now and then they'd throw me a bone in the shape of money.)
no more homework
no more tests in the testing center
no more student discounts (legally)
and a handful of other things that don't seem important enough (or easy enough to spell) to put here.

Other than being scared out of my MIND about the offerings of 5 months from now, good things have happened in the here and now:

1. I was accepted into the advanced screenwriting course for my final semester. I will be writing a feature length screenplay and then selling it more hundreds of thousands of dollars. Well, that's the plan at least.
2. I'm famous!

http://www.mormontimes.com/article/18361/Americas-changing-perception-of-Mormons


I was quoted in "Mormon Times" which is a subset of "Deseret News" which is only circulated in Utah so, basically I'm a superstar. (I'm at the very end, so you can skip the article if you want and just read about me.)
3. I went on a date. I know, right? Sure, it was blind and set up by my ward and involved other people and a mystery tie, but it's a step in the right direction. He's from Virginia, funny enough, and has good taste in movies (although, I'm always nervous that people lie when they learn I'm a film major. C'mon, people, my favorite movie is "While You Were Sleeping"!) Cool guy.

So, life is good.

CHRISTMAS! what?

No comments:

Post a Comment